The Club organises a number of competitive tournaments throughout the summer and social tournaments throughout the year:
Club Tennis Championships
Club Tennis Championships run for 1 week in mid July starting on the weekend of the Wimbledon Finals. Categories include Ladies’ and Men’s Singles, Ladies’ and Men’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles. The Mixed Event is held on the Sunday morning of the Wimbledon Men’s Singles Final (Sunday 15th July) in a round robin format followed by a BBQ. Players and members can then watch the Wimbledon Final on the big screen. For all other events, consolations draws are run so allowing first round losers to continue playing in a Plate Event. Junior members can play by invitation.
For 2018 the Club Tennis Championships will commence on Saturday 14th July and finals day will be on Saturday 21st July.
Junior Tennis Championships
Junior Tennis Championships dates have yet to be decided for 2018.
Hardcourt Singles Championships
Hardcourt Singles Championships which usually run in May for 2 weeks.
Social tournaments usually run on a Sunday afternoon around the times of the Grand Slam tournaments and at other times throughout the year. These are actively promoted on Tennis and Social notice boards and by staff and committee members. During the summer the social aspects are further enhanced by including BBQs or buffets to enjoy with other members after the tennis.
Tournaments planned for this year are as follows:
Sunday 22nd April 2pm – Wimbledon Ticket Ballot Tournament followed by the Ballot
Saturday 2nd June 2pm – Summer Party French Open Tournament
Sunday 2nd September 2pm – US Open Tournament
Mini Tennis Matchplay
Alex Thornton is running a number of Mini Matchplay tournaments at Chapel A on the following dates. To enter go on to the LTA website and input the relevant tournament code https://www.lta.org.uk/competitions/
- Mini Orange Matchplay. Saturday 28th April. 1.30-4pm. LTA code YOR18S0620
Chapel Allerton is hosting Easter Grade 4 Junior and Adult Tennis Tournaments during the first week of April. Tournament Organiser is Alex Thornton. If you have any queries or wish for further details email: email@example.com
The following events are planned as follows:
- Mini Red Mixed. Sunday 1st April 9am. £10
- Mini Orange Boys. Saturday 7th April 11am. £12
- Mini Orange Girls. Sunday 8th April. 9am. £12
- Mini Green Boys. Wednesday 4th April. 9am. £15
- Mini Green Girls. Wednesday 4th April. 2.30pm. £15
- U12’s Boys and Girls. Monday 2nd/Tuesday 3rd April. 9am. £16
- U14’s Boys and Girls. Thursday 5th/Friday 6th April. 9am. £16
- U16’s Boys and Girls. Monday 2nd/Tuesday 3rd April. 9am. £16
- U18’s Boys. Thursday 5th/Friday 6th April. 9am. £16
- Men’s Singles. Wednesday 4th/Thursday 5th April. 5.30pm. £18
- Ladies’ Singles. Wednesday 4th/Thursday 5th April. 5.30pm. £18
- Men’s Doubles. Friday 6th April. 5pm. £18
- Ladies’ Doubles. Friday 6th April. 5pm. £18
Unfortunately it’s too late to enter now but come along and support.
Chapel Allerton is hosting Summer Grade 3 Junior and Adult Tennis Tournaments from Sunday 22nd to Saturday 28th July. Tournament Organiser is Alex Thornton. If you have any queries or wish for further details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 16 events including minis, girls and boys singles and doubles age groups and men’s and ladies’ singles and doubles events
If you wish to enter the tournament please click on the link below which takes you to the LTA website https://www3.lta.org.uk/Competitions/Competition/?ctn=1-E8W712Y
Tennis Tournaments Leeds is run by Joe Jeynes. He organises tournaments all year round, both indoors and outdoors, at a number of tennis clubs in Leeds and West Yorkshire. All the tournaments, schedules and formats can be found on the website http://tennistournamentsleeds.co.uk/index.php/tournament-schedule/
A number of these tournaments are being run at Chapel A on the following dates. To enter click on the link below which takes you to the LTA website and input the relevant code https://www3.lta.org.uk/Competitions/
- Saturday 21 April Grade 4 14UBS LTA Code YOR18S1764
- Saturday 5 May Grade 4 OMS / OWS / 16UGS / 12UBS / 12UGS LTA Code YOR18S1724
- Grade 5 12UGS / 12UBS LTA Code YOR18S1724
- Saturday 16 June Grade 4 OMS / OWS / 14UGS / 14UBS LTA Code YOR18S1769
- Saturday 30 June Grade 4 16UB Doubles LTA Code YOR18S1770
- Grade 5 12UBS / 14UGS / 14UBS LTA Code YOR18S1770
- Sunday 8 July Grade 4 14UGS / 14UBS LTA Code YOR18S1772
- Grade 5 16UGS / 16UBS LTA Code YOR18S1772
- Sunday 29 July Grade 5 12UGS / 12UBS LTA Code YOR18S1774
Chapel A Leagues
Chapel A is well represented in various tennis leagues from the National Club League, Yorkshire League and the local tennis leagues comprising Leeds League (Men’s, Ladies and Mixed) and Barkston Ash (Mixed). Information about each of the leagues and Chapel A’s performance can be found on the relevant websites.
Team practices which comprise an hour of coaching followed by doubles play take place on Mondays from 6.30pm for Ladies and on Wednesdays from 6.30pm for Men (runs from Easter to Sept).